Monday, April 7, 2008

Only in Utah......

Ok, so I have heard as I am sure we all have of a baseball game getting rained out..... but snowed out? Only in Utah! Tonight was Landon's first game as a Utah Red Sox player. As most of you know, he played on the Red Sox with Austin, Carly, Rhett, and many more MVP's back in Texas with THE infamous Coach Jon leading the team! I can tell you, sports period is not the same here in Utah.......we are definitely not in Texas anymore! The weather was crazy today......this morning we woke to rain, then sleet, then major snow storm....... around 1 the sun began to shine and it warmed up, melting all the previous snow. As we are sitting waiting to finish the first at bat, the weather drastically changed.......lightning, thunder, then blizzardy snow again! The temp dropped 15 degrees in 10 minutes. Landon was sticking his 2nd base position, not sure if it was because he's just that disciplined or frozen...... I decided by myself to call HIS game...... we have Texas blood and can't handle this freezing weather.... it's April for goodness sake! By the time we made it home, 5 mins later, the sun was again a shinin'..... WHHHHAAAAATTTTT? And people make fun of Texas weather....... WHATEVER!

4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

That's funny! I don't know how you are surviving that snow, girl.

Chanda said...

I have to say, I don't miss that. Why don't you come down and share in our warmth!?

candace said...

I am ready for the summer as well girl, don't worry though it can always be worse. We had to stay in Chicago for 3 months in the winter. Yikes!!! That cold and wind will eat right through your skin. I learned real fast why it is called the 'windy city'.

Michelle said...

My mom called to tell me about the freak snow storm. CRAZY!! I agree, only in Utah! Well if it gets to be too much for you you can always come here to sunny St. George!