Sunday, December 30, 2007

And we did this and we did that.........




I was able to see my crazy girls (w on the dl) and spend some time with them. We as usual had fun catching up and sharing stories..... boy do I have some stories. Landon and Austin were able to exchange gifts and I got to see my "boyfriend" Davis... Landon went to Carly's bday party while Coach Jon and Coach John wrapped up the party......literally. Alan flew in the 22nd and brought the cold weather with him...... but the snow was not allowed on the plane unfortunately or forturnately depending on how you look at it! Church brought us smiles being able to see our Texas friends! We got to visit with Brett (aka. Dingo) and family, Jennifer and Jeffery and endulge in some Uncle Julio's..... oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. My brother Branon and his family, Sterling, Hadley, and Hayden came in to spend Christmas with us..... it was nice to see them and visit. Mom and Dad hosted this event....... Alan and I decided to stay in a hotel.... but not just any hotel, the Gaylord Texan. What a beautiful sight especially at Christmas. Mom, Dad, Bran, Sterling, Me, Alan, Landon, Makayla, Hadley, and Hayden all went to the "ICE" exibit. The pictures just don't do it justice AND it was waaaayyyyy cold. Beautiful life size ice sculptures of the Nativity. The kids including Alan and Sterling enjoyed ending the ICE adventure by sliding down the ice slides! We had Christmas Eve lunch at the BIG BUCK BREWERY located next to the Bass Pro Shop where I endulged in a Texas sized Chicken Fried Steak! Our families enjoyed opening presents and stockings that mom wrapped and filled! We had lots of fun even if there wasn't a white Christmas in Texas. While Lauren was visiting her family in Austin and Makayla with her friend Kenzie preparing for the their ski trip to Colorado, Alan, Landon, and I returned to South Jordan where we prepared for our visit from Santa who was "held up by a snow storm the previous night" and was planning to come Christmas night. Landon put the reindeer food out and we got our PJ's on and went fast asleep to awake to presents the next morning. Landon got his bike he wanted along with lots of football stuff and couple Wii games. It was quite weird and a really fast Christmas with just one child......Santa came for Lauren and Makayla but they will have to wait until they return to see just what he left!!!

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

FUNFUNFUN!!! I had such a blast with you, girly! Thanks for the hat. My mom wore it all around Disneyland! :-) Love ya! Hope you are surviving that crazy weather.

aurora said...

Glad that you had fun! Sorry that I missed seeing you at Church-- sickness got a hold of our family this year...

Great pictures! We miss you here, glad to hear that you are spreading Texas around out there. :-)

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Looks like you've been BUSY!I love all the pictures, looks like you and the fam had lots of fun, wish we were there to enjoy some of that with you! Your workshop gifts look so cute, and ice sculptures,holiday cookies and country fried chicken??oh my!I have been putting my 2 corny cosies to work this season that's for sure. Miss and love you guys!